Thursday, September 15, 2011

Saying goodbye to my childhood

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing to go through. Especially if it involves saying goodbye to the house you've lived in for 16 years. There has been so many good times in this house that it's hard not to shed tears. This house built me- it made me the person I am today. This is where I learned to ride a bike, swim, drive a car. This is where i had my first friend, first best friend, and have friendships end. This is where i had my first love, first heart break, first strength to move on. This is the place that was a fairytale to grow up in and a bad dream to move out of.

As I grow older, I shall never forget this house or the memories made in it. Although I live in the beautiful town of Redlands, it's beauty will never compare to the summer sunsets, frost filled grass, morning fog, or warm spring days that were spent for 16 years at this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment