Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just another day

Today was just one of those plain t-shirt and a little make-up, not rainy but not sunny, running on 4 hours of sleep, room's a mess, don't feel like going to the gym, lots of accidental naps, and omg-i-have-a-midterm-i-forgot-about type of days. Nothing big. Nothing exciting. Nothing coooool enough to make it on the blog. Or so I thought.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love days like these. They're just lovely. For instance, I had a glorious lunch/catch up time with Alyssa, Anne, and Vivian in the not-so-cool BMU, attended a Charity Denim sale today in which proceeds went toward education, support, and research for diabetes [Alyssa, being a millionaire, was able to help towards that fund with buying a pair of snazzy jeans], and lastly, went into town for a little excursion to get out of the dorms.
But what really brightened my day was my daily Skype chat with a true angel; my mama. Her comparison of God to a computer was quite different from the norm. It's like I can almost still here her enthusiastic and genuinely adorable self saying "Ash Dod, I was thinking and what goes around comes around even works in positive ways. Look at it this way, the good feelings you get from doing good deeds is God talking to you. Imagine God being Facebook, every time you get something new, it's exciting!" She's just a peach! A little outta control but I like to keep her around. (:

-Which reminds me, just 35 days until I get to see her shining face!!!!! [yes, i'm counting down.]-

Anyways, I guess it's time to get back to being studious, or whatever you people think i'm doing up here. [Just kidding mom. I'm being my intellectual self. Don't you fret!] (:

Over and out ladies and gentleman.

1 comment:

  1. It was like Christmas Day when your mom told me you had a blog!! I am now officially your faithful blog stalker! :) What a fabuloso way for me to stay in touch with you and your "do goods!" You are soooo like your mama! Good for you sweet Ash! And such a good writer too!! I'll check in every day...I'm so excited!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete